Thursday, October 27, 2011

Noah's 21 Egg Salute

I am so excited. Noah is turning three next week.

This is a big milestone for me...this time next week we will have two big boys! I have survived going through two years, back to back, with a two-year-old boy in the house!! I am really enjoying the boys growing up. I have dreamed about this day.

To celebrate, we are having our first combined friend and family party on Saturday. I am in the middle of making the cake right now. I have a yummy recipe that calls for 5 eggs and 3 stick of butter...and I have to make three cakes to put together into one big cake for the party. Not that I mind at all, because have I mentioned the cake is for Noah's THIRD birthday?? To make the
party planning even more enjoyable, this week my in-laws stopped by with my Christmas present:
Could I receive a more perfect gift? (THANK YOU CURT AND MARLA!!!)

After whipping up the first cake and popping it in the oven I started on the second one. I had creamed my butter (all three sticks) with the sugar and had put four eggs in. As I was adding the last one I dropped the shell in the bowl. I tried to turn it off so I could pick it out...but I turned the switch the wrong way and turned it ALL THE WAY UP. Have you seen a KitchenAid going on high? It pretty much shattered the shell into a million pieces. I had to dump it out and start over, and I was so flustered when I was getting the new eggs out of the refrigerator that I dropped one.

I made the cakes, but it took me 21 eggs. I am 12 sticks of butter into this cake and I have not even made the frosting yet. Not that I mind at all, because Noah is turning THREE!!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome. I LOVE my kitchenaid and I know you will use yours tons! Good luck with the cake!

    ReplyDelete